The CABC Indicators for Compliance with Standards for Birth Centers, Reference Edition 1.1
is a revealing look at CABC accreditation.
For everyone, especially parents considering birth center care
, this document has these features to make it easy to use as a tool for discussion with birth center staff:
- Glossary that includes terms we explain often, acronyms, special terms we use that encompass multiple situations, and comparisons to help describe the diversity found among birth centers.
- Index of common topics, called tags. Select a tag anywhere in the body of the document to jump to a comparative list of all the Standards that also have that tag. Then, select a standard in that list to jump back to where you were or go to another standard.
- End Notes with references to studies and other resources.
- Links to Changes from the last edition to this edition are found on page 7.
This is a living document,
updated regularly, and the next edition will be published soon to show any updates in response to:
- New evidence relevant to maternity and newborn care encompassing the antenatal, intrapartum, postpartum and newborn time frames
- Updates in the AABC Standards for birth centers
- Updates in relevant professional guidelines
Most people, including birth centers seeking CABC accreditation, can legally use this document free of charge.
Register* Now to:
- Confirm that you agree to the End User License Agreement (PDF opens in new window.)
- Receive the CABC Indicators for Compliance with Standards for Birth Centers, Reference Edition 1.1, published 6/15/2016.
- Get update notices when new editions are published.