For Health Insurance Professionals
CABC accreditation is a mechanism that can assure both cost savings and high quality care for childbearing families among your subscribers.
CABC-accredited birth centers are recognized for:
- Evidenced-based care and best practices for low-risk birth
- Prevention of unnecessary interventions, especially costly cesarean sections
- Respectful care and informed consent rooted in shared decision making
- Appropriate triage and care when intervention is necessary
- Successful preparation for mothers to give birth to and breastfeed healthy babies
CABC accreditation signifies accountability for best practices in high quality care for mothers, babies, and their families.
CABC accreditation is recognized or required by:
- Health insurance companies (for reimbursement and network status)
- Medicare and some Medicaid plans (for reimbursement)
- A growing number of state regulators (for licensure)
- Medical liability insurance underwriters (for discounted rates)
- Frontier Nursing University (for student clinical experience in birth centers)
- The American Association of Birth Centers (as the only accrediting body that uses the national Standards for Birth Centers)
Why require CABC Accreditation of Birth Centers for your subscribers?
- Save money by providing a proven option for care that avoids unnecessary and costly interventions.
- Be assured of high quality maternity care that employs best practices, including a Risk Management Program.
- Know that birth centers in your network are engaged in a Continuous Quality Improvement Program for both clinical and business practices, including internal accounting control.
Why base your approval process on CABC Accreditation?
You will gain these returns on your investment:
- The Confidence of Your Customers: You are working with best practices developed by experts in birth center care
- Efficiency and ROI: Save time and money by working with established, nationally recognized standards.
At CABC, we have a comprehensive approach to accreditation.
Get answers to your questions